Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#YASC

Dear Friends,

As I hope many of you are considering embarking on this journey with me, I wanted to write a bit on what the Young Adult Service Corps is and how the whole process actually works.

The Young Adult Service Corps, or YASC, is a unique opportunity to be in relationship with people from a different culture in a different part of God's world.There are a variety of opportunities including; teaching, working in agricultural development, working with refugees and migrant workers, working in medical settings, and working in the provincial offices of the Anglican Communion.

I began the application back in December 2013 and attended a discernment retreat in February. During the discernment weekend, the applicants came together and talked about mission and the calling to serve God overseas. The weekend included one-on-one and group conversations with people from the Mission Personnel Office or MPO. They took the time to get to know all of us; what we like and don't like, what we're good at or not so good at etc. Then, after the discernment weekend the MPO works on placements based on your skills and what they learned about you during the weekend.

I found it very comforting that the MPO took time to get to know each of us individually before choosing a placement. I am looking forward to the opportunity to get to live and work in a different part of God's world.

Peace,
Kayla Massey

1 comment:

  1. All thanks to Elegant loan firm for helping me secure a loan of $1,000,000.00 USD to establish my Foodstuff supermarket business in different places. I have been looking for financial help for the past four years. But now, I am completely stressed free with all the help of the loan officer Mr Russ Harry. So, I will advise any person who seeks funds to improve his or her business to contact this great firm for help, and it is real and tested. You can reach him through- Email --Elegantloanfirm@Hotmail.com-  or Whats-app +393511617486.

    ReplyDelete